Third grade teachers follow the school rules as stated in the Student Handbook:
1. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
2. Respect people and their property.
3. Raise your hand to be recognized.
The students have also created their own Classroom Constitution. These are the concepts and ideas that students believe need to be present for a safe learning environment . Our Classroom Constitution is more specific to our classroom. The students put a lot of thought into writing this, as they considered what is most important to them.
There are also consequences when a student breaks a rule.
Our classroom consequences are as follows…
• 1st Offense: Warning
• 2nd Offense: Silent Lunch
• 3rd Offense: and a note/phone call home
• 4th Offense: After school detention, visit to the principal, and a telephone call to the parents